Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The first of many things to come....

Hello. I have tried blogging before, but with little to no success. Thus, since I am entering into an interesting new phase of life (fatherhood) which previously I thought would not be possible, I thought that I should chronicle the events of a Geek Dad. The trials and tribulations of a first time father balancing his life, love and child with his desire to experience several things that are geeky.

First off, I must say that my son has not yet been born. He will be arriving soon enough, however. March 22nd is the magic day, and earlier if he doesn't cooperate (a genetic trait that I could quite possibly be responsible for). I thought that I should fire this thing up before the event happens and try and record some thoughts on what I think fatherhood will be like. As for now, I am prepared for the sleepless nights as I don't sleep well already, but beyond that I have no clue. I haven't changed a diaper in years, and I am looking for a full time job to help support this family. So, for any of you people who live in the IT world and need a help desk clerk/cable layer/office gopher, don't hesitate to contact me.

I started this particular post with no direction, and I think that I should end it as such, as I am writing this slightly drunk and very tired. So, for now Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment